PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Donations to PES are needed and greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Argonne National Laboratory in the early 1990s developed a process for applying boric acid to metal to improve its ability to pass fluids. This theoretically reduces friction and repairs some of the damage of worn metals. When applied to vehicles, this should realize a gain of 2-20% in fuel efficiency, depending on what system the additive is applied to.
- DIY / Home Brew Use of Boric Acid in engine oil - fuel and gear oils discussed here. Low Buck and many getting excellent results.
- "Using Boric Acid as a Safe Lubricant for Cold-Forming Processes"
- "Effects of MotorSilk® Oil and Fuel Additive on Fuel Consumption and Emissions of Deisel Engine" - Israel Institute of Technology
- Perfomance evaluations of "CLS-Bond" lubricants
- Explanation of how the lubricant does its surface bonding
"CLS Bond®" Products
- Distributor: Evergreen America
- Product lines: "Motor Silk" & "Lubri Silk"
- Cost (as of 2005): $18 for treating an automatic transmission; $35 for treating an oil crankcase; other products available.
See Discussion page
- Directory:Fuel Efficiency - main index
- News:Fuel Efficiency
- Fuel Efficient Vehicles
- Directory:Energy from Roadways
FUEL TREATMENT TECHNOLOGIES
- Fuel Additives
- Directory:Alternative Fuels
- Directory:Fuel Pre-Heating for Mileage Improvement
- Hydrogen Injection
- Directory:Running Vehicles on Water
- Directory:Clean Fuel Conversions
- Directory:Spark Plugs
- Directory:Hypermiling -- Driving Tips for Better Mileage
- Directory:Boron Additive
- Directory:Electric Vehicles
- Template:Electric Vehicles footer - more EV listings
VEHICLE HARDWARE MODIFICATIONS
- Directory:Air Cars