PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
- "BlackLight Power, Inc. is the inventor of a paradigm-shifting new primary energy source and a new field of hydrogen chemistry with broad commercial applications. BlackLight has invented a new primary energy source with applications to Heating, Central Power, Motive Power, and Micro-Distributed power generation. This relies on a new chemical process of releasing the latent energy of the hydrogen atom, the BlackLight Process. In this process, the electron in an ordinary hydrogen atom is induced to move closer to the proton, below the prior-known ground state. Hydrogen gas derived from water serves as the fuel." -- http://www.blacklightpower.com/ home page
This new process could allegedly generate electricity for as cheap as 1 cent/kw-hour -- two to four times cheaper than any other contemporary power sources.
On May 28, 2008, the company announced that they have a 50 kW prototype ready to take commercial. On Oct. 20, 2008 they announced that Rowan University has replicated BLP's 1 kW and 50 kW processes.
- "BlackLight Power, Inc., has already licensed to seven utilities 8,250 megawatts of clean, safe hydrino generation fueled by water – eliminating $2 billion/year in fuel costs." (Hoover Dam’s capacity is 2,080 megawatts.) -- Gary Vesperman; June 26, 2010
- http://www.BlacklightPower.com - "The world leader in a new field of novel hydrogen chemistry; inventor of a new method: the BlackLight Process, which generates light, power, plasma, and a vast class of new compositions of matter."
- CNN Money - (Dec. 11, 2008)
(7.0 Minutes) Blacklight Power on CNN 12/12/2008
- BlackLight has just struck its first commercial deal with Estacado Energy Services, Inc. in New Mexico, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roosevelt County Electric Cooperative. (YouTube; December 13, 2008)
- - - -
(7.0 Minutes) A New Energy Source - Blacklight Power
- The BlackLight Process generates more than 200 times the energy of burning hydrogen that can be harnessed to replace the thermal power in coal, oil, gas and nuclear power plants. (YouTube; October 26, 2008)
- - - -
- Hydrogen >
Video Regarding Rowan University Validation of Blacklight Power System (wmv) - Video shows experimental set-up and sumarizes the data derived from several months of testing. Presently, the phenomenon shows up as very short duration bursts of heat that have no conventional explanation. The engineering task now is to produce continous power from the 200x burst. (Blacklight Power; Oct. 24, 2008)
- Introduction to BlackLight Power - Video (5:19 min; 16 MB, wmv) - Randall Mills summarizes BlackLight technology at a conference, Fall 2007.
Oct. 20, 2008
BLP announces that Rowan University has replicated BlackLight Power's 1 kW and 50 kW processes.
May 28, 2008
Blacklight announces that they are ready to roll out a commercial unit with a 50 kW output. 
Overview by Blacklightpower.com
Quoting from http://www.blacklightpower.com/applications.shtml#Power May 29, 2008:
- BlackLight Power Process
- "BlackLight Power, Inc. has created a commercially competitive, nonpolluting new primary source of energy. Atomic hydrogen ordinarily has a stable electronic state that is much higher in energy than allowed by thermodynamic laws. From the solved physical structure of electrons in atoms, a process to release the latent energy of the hydrogen atom was invented. In BlackLight's patented process, atomic hydrogen is reacted with a catalyst, and energy is released as the electrons of atomic hydrogen are induced by the catalyst to undergo transitions to lower energy levels to form lower-energy hydrogen atoms called hydrinos. Since hydrinos have energy levels much lower than uncatalyzed hydrogen atoms, the energy release is intermediate between conventional chemical and nuclear energies. The net energy released may be over one hundred times that of combustion with power densities like those of fossil fuel combustion and nuclear power plants. Thus, the catalysis of atomic hydrogen, the BlackLight Process, represents a potential new source of energy. The hydrogen fuel is obtained by diverting a fraction of the output energy of the process to power the electrolysis of water into its elemental constituents. With water as the fuel, the operational cost of BlackLight Power generators will be very inexpensive. Moreover, rather than air pollutants or radioactive waste, novel hydrogen compounds with potential commercial applications are the by-products. The BlackLight Process offers a prospectively efficient, clean, cheap, and versatile thermal energy source.
- "Two of the potential applications of its technology are in heating and electric power production. The Company believes that heat generating prototypes have shown the BlackLight Process to be potentially competitive with existing primary generation sources over a range of scales from microdistributed to central power generation. The BlackLight Process thermal power source may be ideal for interfacing with commercially available electric power generating equipment including Sterling engines and turbines for microdistributed and distributed electrical applications, respectively. On larger scales, the BlackLight technology is well-suited for the utility industries and could eliminate problems such as those arising from the variable regional supply and price of fuels such as coal and natural gas, the cost of building out a suitable supporting infrastructure and transmission grids, and eliminate pollution, greenhouse gas emission and other externalities.
- BlackLight Power Plants
- "The BlackLight Process is a new primary energy source that has unique competitive advantages in all energy markets: electricity, heat, cogeneration (electricity production with waste heat recovery and utilization), and motive power. BlackLight Power has recently achieved a breakthrough in power generation by the invention of a solid fuel that uses conventional chemical reactions to generate the catalyst and atomic hydrogen at high reactant densities that in turn controllably achieves very high power densities. The energy gain is well above that required to regenerate the solid fuel, and experimental evidence confirms the theoretical energy balance per weight of the hydrogen consumed of 1000 times that of the most energetic fuel known. Consequently, the mass balance and cost per unit energy is projected to be much lower than that of burning fossil fuels. Plant designs utilize continuous regeneration of the solid fuel mixture using known industrial processes, and the only consumable, hydrogen, is obtained ultimately from water due to the enormous net energy release relative to combustion.
- "Furthermore, the process is nonpolluting. Since the identified more-stable-hydrogen (dihydrino) molecule byproduct is stable and lighter-than-air, it cannot accumulate in the Earth's atmosphere. Thus, the enormous annual fossil fuel cost and the environmental impact to the air, water, and ground of producing, handling, and using fossil fuels may be eliminated. Similarly, the radioactive waste from nuclear plants, their tremendous infrastructure costs, and security and accident risks may also be avoided. Rather than pollutants the byproducts have significant advanced technology applications based on their stability characteristics (See Chemical Technologies). For example, hydrino hydride ions having extraordinary binding energies may stabilize a cation (positively-charged ion of a battery) in an extraordinarily high oxidation state as the basis of a high voltage battery, and significant applications exist for the corresponding dihydrino molecules wherein the excited vibration-rotational levels could be the basis of a UV laser that could significantly advance photolithography and line-of-sight telecommunications.
- "With simple systems, commercial levels of power can be generated at typical power-plant operating temperatures and at higher power densities. The power was also found to be linearly scalable. BlackLight's commercial development of the energy technologies will focus on optimization of the BlackLight Process, energy device optimization, staged scale-up of power devices, and build-out of power plants. BlackLight expects scale-up engineering activity to take place in parallel with process optimization and device optimization, and intends to significantly increase the number of engineers and scientists dedicated to commercial development. One of the activities of our engineers will be interfacing with the thousands of engineers at design, architecture, and engineering firms around the world, contracted to perform certain aspects of the development work. Based on empirical data and experience, BlackLight believes it is reasonable to scale in factors of ten to one hundred. Then, BlackLight intends to rely on existing technologies to convert thermal power to electric power. As BlackLight devices generate surface heat at grades comparable to existing commercial fire boxes in natural gas and coal-fired plants, existing heat-to-electric technologies such as gas turbine, micro-turbine and Sterling engines can be melded with BlackLight power cells to generate electricity, as well as space and process heat.
- "BlackLight intends to incrementally pursue commercial development of power plants of all useful scales. This will be done through a combination of internal engineering and development, external consultants and outsourcing, licensed joint ventures and acquisition of engineering and design companies. BlackLight intends to own an interest in power production businesses at the distributed and central power station scale (see Licensing Strategy). BlackLight anticipates contracting for turnkey plants to be built and operated by architect and engineering firms and original equipment manufacturers.
- "Due to the unique capabilities of our power source, new power-generation business opportunities of distributed generation and hydrogen-fuel production with large markets exist even at power scales that are achievable in the near term. In case of the latter application, consider that the average US gas station pumps about 2000 gallons of gasoline per day corresponding to an energy equivalent of 3 MW of electricity that could be provided by using the BlackLight Process. Thus, power cells of the 1-10 MW electric scale may be a competitive solution for generating electricity locally at gas stations, for example, while also producing hydrogen gas from the electrolysis of water using the electrical output temporarily diverted from the local grid as a replacement for gasoline. The savings of avoiding transmission and distribution costs represent a considerable cost advantage that is often half the price of electricity. Considering the absence of fuel costs that is permissive of reduced complexity and costs of power-conversion equipment, lack of pollution, the ability to economically produce hydrogen on-site for use in internal combustion engines and PEM fuel cells, BlackLight represents for the first time a possibility to realize the vision of the hydrogen economy that frees the world from fossil fuels."
Overview by Ken Rauen
Blacklight Power, Inc., and its founder, Randy Mills, has a new energy process based upon the formation of a shrunken form of hydrogen from normal hydrogen. The new form of hydrogen is called a "hydrino." Hydrogen normally exists in a ground state (the state of minimum energy under normal circumstances) that quantum mechanics (QM) calls the N=1 state. Allowed energy states of an atom fit integer values of 1, 2, 3, 4, and so on;that is the significance of the word, "quantum." The higher the number, the higher the energy state. When an atom at a high energy state (also called an excited state) falls to a lower level, energy is released. This usually occurs as a photon of light. The observed line spectra emissions of atoms corresponds to these transitions.
The ultraviolet line spectra of the sun are unexplained by classical QM. To explain the UV spectrum of the sun from hydrogen (the primary constituent of the sun), Mills proposed fractional quantum states, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, and so on. These energy transitions fit the UV spectrum of the sun, hence the name, Blacklight Power. Since sub-quantum atoms are non-radiative, they are an explanation for "dark matter" that keeps galaxies together by gravity and not flying apart at the high rotational speeds of many galaxies.
BLP produces hydrinos by catalytic thermal processes in plasma, initially found with potassium as the catalyst. The energy released in these sub-ground state transitions is larger than any known chemical reaction and the Mills process was initially thought to be a cold fusion phenomenon. The energy level is not as great as nuclear reactions; it is intermediate to nuclear and chemical reaction energies. It is in a category by itself.
BLP has a terriffic energy producing process that liberates heat in the 1000 degree F range, but it has chosen to first develop the hydrino technology into a new class of chemical compounds, as the hydrino is chemically reactive.
How it works
Click on image to see Explanation of Solid Fuel Reactor Cell.
- Explaining Blacklight Power process - Tom Bearden comments on Ken Rauen's explanation of Dr. Randall Lee Mill's Blacklight Power process. (Cheniere.org; Jan. 22, 2006)
- Randell Lee Mills et al., "Lower-Energy Hydrogen Methods and Structures," U.S. Patent 6,024,935, Feb. 15, 2000 with 499 claims recognized.
- Randell Lee Mills, "Energy/Matter Conversion Methods and Structures," Australian Patent No. 668678, Nov. 20, 1991.
- Hydrogen / Plasma > Blacklight > New >
Time-Resolved Hydrino Continuum Transactions with Cutoffs at 22.8 nm and 10.1 nm (pdf) - A new scientific paper by R.L. Mills, Y. Lu has been posted - "The temporal evolution of the continuum emission supports the mechanism of H+ e- recombination to form high-density H. This transient state permits interactions amongst H's to cause the hydrino transitions and corresponding emission." (Blacklight Power; January 19, 2011)
In the News
- Featured / Best Exotic FE: Nuclear > LENR > E-Cat
LENR-to-Market Digest -- August 22, 2014 - It's been 4.5 months since I compiled a digest. While I've not been able to be comprehensive this time, pulling from the many news sources, I was able to organize most all of the 120 E-CatWorld articles Frank posted, which gives an exciting overview of the burgeoning stage of development the industry is at. (PESN; August 22, 2014)
- Featured: News > This Week in Free Energy™ / Magnetism > Puchta >
TWIFE™ August 7, 2014; Featuring David A. Puchta on Linear Paul Magnetism - 2nd Interview with Randell Mills of Blacklight; Videos of July 21 demo • SHT publishes 3rd third-party test results -- 1345 x overunity • Wiseman describes Throckmorton's OU water pump • Video of ValyEnergiStar QMoGen • Maglev Magnet Generator by Taiwan Edison • QEG update • AuroraTek demonstrates OU transformer • Google's Little Box Challenge • Ignition Secrets DVD • QUANT e-Sportlimousine (FreeEnergyNews)
- Great Interview with Randell Mills of Blacklight - He talked about the July 21 demo and the Blacklight roll-out to market. Has a company that hopes to have a prototype for manufacturing within 18 weeks. (FreeEnergyBlog; July 29, 2014)
- Blacklight posts report of third public demonstration - The full set of slides from the July 21, 2014 live demonstration are now available. (Free Energy Blog; July 24, 2014)
- Blacklight a World-Changer - As we anxiously await a report of today's third public demonstration, here are some recent stories that might be of interest. (Free Energy Blog; July 21, 2014)
- Super Controversial Blacklight Power is Promising World Changing Energy New Physics Magic ... This time for real ? - ...they realized that the greatest energy output of the process comes in the form of intense light. And with modern photovoltaic technology, they will be able to convert that light directly to electricity with an even grater power density. (Next Big Future; July 15, 2014)
- Blacklight Power Comes Back to the Forefront Of Energy [linked up on BLP's Press page.] - Dr. Randall Mills of Blacklight Power plans a demonstration a power production device that is expected to produce 10 MW of power in a one cubic foot sized module. (New Energy and Fuel; July 17, 2014)
- HERE COMES THE WORLD-CHANGER - Joseph Shea writes: "while working prototypes are now available for qualified people to inspect, the actual roll-out of commercial and residential devices is about a year away, by my estimate...." (American Reporter; July 21, 2014)
- Featured: John Varney >
The birth of direct electric power - John Varney's letter to the US Secretary of Energy and other leaders; promotes Blacklight and Lawrence Plasma Physics`, and comments on EEStore's ultracapacitor. (PESN; July 15, 2014)
- Featured / Top 5: Plasma > Blacklight Power >
Landmark interview with Dr. Randell L. Mills of BlackLight Power - After three decades of gradual progress and breakthroughs, now Randell sees the ideal combination of components coming together to make rapid roll-out of their water-to-energy technology via hydrino formation converting light to electricity via PV panels a near-term, affordable proposition with everything in place. (PESN; July 12, 2014)
- Featured / Top 5: Plasma > Blacklight Power >
BlackLight gives second public demonstration - "On June 25th, BlackLight performed its second public demonstration of its technology to a group of attendees that spanned the spectrum of professionals. Specific events included: ignition of H2O-based solid fuel, calorimetric energy balance determination, EUV spectroscopy of the hydrogen transitions to hydrinos..." (PESN; July 8, 2014)
- Featured: LENR > News > This Week in Free Energy™ >
TWIFE™ June 12, 2014 and Interview with Frank Acland of E-CatWorld.com - Blue Eagle Alchemy • Eco-Friendly Blue Crete Coming from India • AESOP pursuing fuel-less Rauen air engines and ultraconductors • BlackLight’s Second Test of Automated Ignition System of Auger-Fed H2O-Based Solid Fuel Powder • Focus Fusion: hot; $80k raised; Oxford lecture; safety • 33-X Overunity QEG Claimed (FreeEnergyNews)
- Featured: Nuclear / Plasma > Blacklight >
BlackLight’s Second Test of Automated Ignition System of Auger-Fed H2O-Based Solid Fuel Powder - BlackLight Power, Inc. has posted quite a few updates regarding their revolutionary energy technology. (PESN; June 2, 2014)
- Featured: News > This Week in Free Energy™ >
This Week in Free Energy™: April 10, 2014 (Video link fixed) - LENR-to-Market Digest • Blacklight announces sustained production of enormous electrical power from water • YMNEE Provides 1 MW QMoGen Photos • NRL Seawater to Fuel Program • QEG Effect Replicated by Taiwan and German Groups; Interview • Looking for Free Energy News Angel(s) • Wasaby Sajado's Free Energy Gadgets (FreeEnergyNews)
- Featured: Nuclear / Plasma > Blacklight >
Blacklight announces sustained production of enormous electrical power from water - BlackLight Power, Inc. today announces that it achieved sustained electricity production from a primary new energy source by using photovoltaic technology to transform brilliant plasma, with power comprising millions of watts of light, directly into electricity. (PESN; April 4, 2014)
- Featured: Nuclear > Blacklight >
Blacklight achieves semi-continuous plasma power production - On March 2, Blacklight uploaded three videos showing brief, continuous runs of their multi-toothed gears, inside which the plasma reaction takes place. A few micro liters of water are hit with two electrodes to create a supersonic-expanding plasma. (PESN; March 6, 2014)
- Featured / Best Exotic FE: Nuclear > LENR >
LENR-to-Market Digest -- February 5, 2014 - Highlights this week include: Nanors availability announced at Cold Fusion 101 at MIT; Blackligh Power demo video; Justin Church's H-Cat; Passing of Sven Kullander and CF founding skeptic, John R. Huizenga; Inquiring minds revisit cold fusion. (PESN; February 5, 2014)
- Blacklight Power demo video posted - Here is a 2:15 hour video of the January 28 demonstration event in New Jersey. (Free Energy Blog; February 4, 2014)
- Featured: News > SmartScarecrow > This Week in Free Energy™ >
This Week in Free Energy™: January 30, 2014 - PESN rep witnesses Evolucoes Energia's Captor off-grid overunity • Industrial Heat, LLC Has Acquired Rossi’s E-Cat Technology • LENR-to-Market Weekly • Blacklight Demo • MidTech • Window for visiting Platinum Invests closed for 2/3 months • Secret HHO • Thomas Engel's Magnet Motor • Wasif Kahloon's Magnet Motor • Romain Bloon's QMoGen • Dollard's Advanced Seismic Warning System campaign (FreeEnergyNews)
- Blacklight Power Demonstration Report - Frank Acland has posted this report by Steve Menton who attending yesterday’s demonstration at Blacklight Power (Free Energy Blog; January 29, 2014)
- No Updates Yet on Blacklight or MidTech - I sent MidTech an email suggesting that they go back to what worked and get a validation of that, which could bring in some good funding for the R&D needed to get it ready for production. (Free Energy Blog; January 29, 2014)
- Might Blacklight Power News Be Used to Crash World Economy? - Blacklight Power's announcement of a proven process of safe, cheap electric power generation from water, where a gallon of ordinary water yields the energy of 100 gallons of high octane gasoline, would end the age of coal, petroleum, natural gas, and nuclear fission reactors [not to mention solar, wind, geothermal] with a bang, and usher in the age of free energy. (Free Energy Blog; January 27, 2014)
- Featured: News > SmartScarecrow > This Week in Free Energy™ >
This Week in Free Energy™: January 23, 2014 - Platinum Invests present world's first free energy car and plane • Randell Mills explains upcoming Blacklight Power demo • LENR to Market Digest • Videos from Sterling's Visits to Brillouin • MidTech still awaiting circuit components • QMoGen Free Energy as a metaphor for Empowered Man • H2Only Battery: Produce Electricity from Water • Eric Dollards Advanced Seismic Warning System • Reply from Nagendra Singh regarding his OzzoG motor • 3D Printing Energy Global Network (FreeEnergyNews)
- Omega Cell possibly related to Blacklight? - Judy Beebe's work/concepts seem to be in the same ballpark. (Free Energy Blog; January 21, 2014)
- Featured / Best Exotics: Blacklight >
Randell Mills explains upcoming Blacklight Power demo - The proposed 10 MW device that would be 1 ft2, would entail a 60-toothed gear spinning at 200 rpm, making the water chamber size a few micro liters, lasting a millisecond, during which two electrodes would create a supersonic-expanding plasma that goes into a magnetohydrodyamic converter, then directly into electricity, cleanly, safely... (PESN; January 20, 2014)
- Brillouin Roundtable Discussion at SRI - Three main topics covered in this excerpt collection: On "Nuclear" and Blacklight; McKubre: Brillouin Closest to Market; Difficulty of Sealing Against Hydrogen Leakage in Experimental LENR (Free Energy Blog; January 19, 2014)
- Many MW Demo by Blacklight slated for January 28 - BlackLight Power, Inc. Announces the Game Changing Achievement of the Generation of Millions of Watts of Power from the Conversion of Water Fuel to a New Form of Hydrogen (Free Energy Blog; January 15, 2014)
- Featured / Best Exotic FE: Nuclear > Cold Fusion > Overviews >
Jim Dunn's Report on LENR conference in Williamsburg - Jim Dunn provides an excellent overview, not just of the cold fusion players approaching market, but of the process involved in taking an energy technology to market and where the various players fare in that process. (PESN; July 7, 2012)
- Featured: Organizations > PES Network > NEST >
New Energy Systems Trust (NEST) update: June 12, 2012 - We've been busy at NEST reviewing and assisting the best exotic free energy technologies get closer to market. Here is a brief report of our recent activities. Highlights include vetting a 2.5 kW solid state generator in Uganda, discovering that Magnacoaster is shipping back-orders, and Zydro gearing up for licensees. (PESN; June 12, 2012)
- Best Exotic FE > Blacklight >
Electricity generated from water: BlackLight Power announces validation of its scientific breakthrough - Leading academic and industry experts have validated BlackLight's new process that directly produces electric energy from the conversion of water vapor to a new, more stable form of Hydrogen. Experts agree that BlackLight's 'Hydrino theory' represents a fundamental breakthrough in clean energy technology. (PESN; May 22, 2012)
- Best Exotic FE: Nuclear / Hydrogen > Blacklight Power >
Pending PCT patent application by Randall Mills and Black Power Inc. – Part 1 - This patent application by Mills, who has filed 40 patents since 2001, is based on some 25 US provisional filings, setting the clock ticking for the finalizing of those patent applications. The PTC application expands the prospects that the theories of Randall Mills are relevant to the phenomena of Cold Fusion. (Cold Fusion Now; December 12, 2011)
- Featured / Best Exotic FE: Nuclear > Blacklight / Cold Fusion > Rossi >
BlackLight Power vs. Rossi's Cold Fusion - Related Technologies? - Two new revolutionary technologies are being developed that could change our planet. Are they related to each other fundamentally or do they utilize different phenomena? (PESN and BeforeItsNews; February 8, 2011)
- Featured / Top 100 / Best Exotic: Hydrogen > Plasma > Blacklight Power
BlackLight's electricity production from new form of hydrogen independently validated - BlackLight Power, Inc. announces production of electricity from a new form of hydrogen. Independent studies validate breakthrough non-polluting energy source based on hydrino theory. (PESN; November 30, 2010)
- Featured: Best Exotic FE >
Happy Birthday to Me: A Flood of Free Energy - On my birthday, I am being treated to a barrage of amazing developments to report on, including: TurXator overunity electromagnetic generator contracting for 85 GW; Freddy's water-fuel cell plans being posted; BlackLight's hydrino validation; Jeremiah Sturk's magnet motor; Wiseman's instructions on Bedini's electromagnetic overunity kits; 12 kW gravity motor. (PESN; November 30, 2010)
- Featured / Top 100: Hydrogen > Blacklight >
Blacklight Power launches home page make-over - Includes a new multimedia presentation touting "our next leap forward: the power of water. Using water as fuel, hydrinos release 200 times more energy than by burning hydrogen, making energy that's cheap, abundant, and generates no pollution or greenhouse gases." (PESN; March 21, 2010) (Comments)
- Zero Point Energy > Blacklight Power >
Will 2010 be the Year of Zero Point Energy? - For decades researchers have reported anomalous excess heat when atomic hydrogen and catalysts are involved. The mechanisms and therefore the ability to scale the effect have eluded scientists. Author Fran Roarty proposes a model based on two opposing forces inside a Casimir cavity that can be manipulated into oscillating to produce heat. (OpEdNews; Jan. 10, 2010)
- Blacklight gains academic nod for controversial hydrogen technology - BlackLight Power has this week had its technique for generating hydrogen fuel from water independently validated by US-based Rowan University. The firm has also posted two research papers, designed to help non-believers confirm the viability of its approach. (BusinessGreen; Aug. 14, 2009)
- BlackLight Power signs sixth utility deal to produce power from water - BlackLight has landed a commercial licensing deal with Maryland-based utility Akridge Energy. This is the sixth such contract for the company, which claims to have technology capable of generating energy using only water. (Venture Beat; July 30, 2009)
- Second Commercial License with Farmers’ Electric Cooperative, Inc. of New Mexico - ). In a non-exclusive agreement, BLP has licensed Farmers’ Electric to use the BlackLight Process and certain BLP energy technology for the production of thermal or electric power. (PR Word Doc; Jan. 6, 2009).
- Top 100: Plasma / Hydrogen > Blacklight >
Energy From Water Now Commercially Viable? - In a non-exclusive agreement, BLP has licensed Estacado Energy Services, Inc. to use the BlackLight Process and certain BLP energy technology for the production of thermal or electric power. Estacado may produce gross thermal power up to a maximum continuous capacity of 250 MW or convert this thermal power to corresponding electricity. (Huffington Post; Dec. 11, 2008)
- BlackLight Power lands first license agreement for electricity from … water? - BlackLight Power, one of the more outlandish cleantech companies VentureBeat has covered, claims to have developed a way to generate 200 times more energy than coal using only water. To do so, BlackLight says it lowers the energy level of hydrogen atoms below ground state — something most scientists have deemed impossible. (VentureBeat; Dec. 11, 2008)
- BlackLight Power Inc. Announces First Commercial License with Estacado Energy Services - BlackLight Power (BLP) Inc. today announced its first commercial license agreement with Estacado Energy Services, Inc. in New Mexico, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roosevelt County Electric Cooperative, (Estacado). In a non-exclusive agreement, BLP has licensed Estacado to use the BlackLight Process and certain BLP energy technology for the production of thermal or electric power. (MarketWatch; Dec. 11, 2008)
- Einstein and the breakthrough that could end fossil fuels - BlackLight says the installed cost of its technology is $250/kW (with water as the fuel, $0/kWh) which would blow away coal which is about $1,100/kW (with fuel cost of $0.015/kWh). (Examiner; Dec. 6, 2008)
- Top 100: Hydrogen / Plasma > Blacklight >
Rowan University Replicates BlackLight Power's Novel Energy Source - Rowan University has confirmed BlackLight's new energy source based on the hydrino technology which is capable of providing a primary, clean energy source. The university validated both the 1 kW and 50 kW sizes. (PESN; Oct. 20, 2008)
- BlackLight's physics-defying promise: Cheap power from water - While his business has been working on the "BlackLight Process" since its inception almost two decades ago, Dr. Randall Mills developed the patented cocktail that enables the reaction - a solid fuel made of hydrogen and a sodium hydride catalyst - only a year ago. Now the device is allegedly ready for commercialization. (Next Big Future; July 9, 2008) (CNN Money; July 2)
- Blacklight Power claims nearly-free energy from water — is this for real? - Blacklight’s process was discovered in 1991 by Mills, who claimed that he’d found a way to produce a molecule called a hydrino, which is a theoretical form of the hydrogen atom in which the electron has entered a lower orbit — meaning the atom itself contains less energy. Mills decided that he could not only produce hydrinos, but also capture the energy released during the transition from hydrogen, using it to generate electricity. (Venture Beat; May 30, 2008)
- BlackLight's Hydrino Going Commercial - The BlackLight Process is said to generate enormous amounts of cheap, non-polluting heat that will replace the thermal power in coal, oil, gas and nuclear power plants that is then converted to electricity. (PESN; May 29, 2008)
- Mills Interviewed on Energy Week - (Segment 1) (Segment 2) Interview with Dr. Randell Mills and Alan M. Lammey, Energy Analyst and Consultant (the interview runs for approximately 20 minutes) (FM Radio News Channel 97.5 Houston, TX http://www.FmNewsChannel975.com) (http://HoustonEnergyAnalyst.com)
- The Atom Bombshell that is Splitting Opinion - Replications by Professor Gerrit Kroesen at the University of Technology in Eindhoven, Netherlands have confirmed that hydrogen atoms do behave strangely in the presence of certain elements, supporting Randall Mill's revolutionary theory. (Financial Times; Mar. 10, 2006)
- Blacklight Power gets $50M; but is it profound, or utter nonsense? - Notes VentureWire report that Blacklight Power has received $50M from respected investors, despite the controversy in the scientific community regarding the scientific claims being put forth. (Mercury News / Silicon Beat; Jan. 4, 2006)
- Quantum leap in physics? - "Within months, company officials say, they will offer critical information and possibly even a prototype of an energy generating device that functions according to the principles that BlackLight's founder, Randell Mills, says he has discovered." (The Times, New Jersey; Jan. 2, 2006)
- Fuel's paradise? Power source that turns physics on its head (The Guardian, UK - Nov 4, 2005)
- Boffins chase 'hydrino' super power source (Register, UK - Nov 7, 2005)
- Hydrino - New Energy Source Or 'Fuel's Paradise'? (Free Internet Press, NY - Nov 4, 2005)
See Discussion page
- Relativistic hydrogen inside a Casimir cavity appears to have a fractional quantum state from an external perspective - Rowan University recently announced validation of excess heat generated by off-the-shelf chemicals in a recipe provided by Black Light Power, implying an unknown mechanism beyond chemical but less than nuclear. Much of the controversy has revolved around claims of a fractional quantum state where the orbital radius drops below the Bohr radius. (ScienceBlog; September 11, 2009)
- Google > Blacklight Power
- Art Rosenblum, "Randall L. Mills — New Energy and the Cosmic Hydrino Sea," Infinite Energy, 3(17), Dec. 1997-Jan. 1998, p. 21-34.
- Eugene Mallove, "Dr. Randall Mills and the power of BlackLight," Infinite Energy, 2(12), Jan.-Feb. 1997, p. 21, 35, 41.
- Dr. Randell Mills and Blacklight Power by Tom Bearden
- Randell Mills - Hydrino Theory
- Fact and Fiction: Blacklight Power
- Hydrino Study Group Interview
- Millsian Software
BlackLight Power Inc.
493 Old Trenton Rd.
Cranbury, NJ 08512
phone: (609) 490-1090; fax: (609) 490-1066
HYDROGEN PRODUCTION AND STORAGE
- Directory:Hydrogen Production
- Directory:Hydrogen from Water
- Directory:Solar Hydrogen
- Directory:Hydrogen Storage
- Directory:Water as Fuel
- Directory:Hydrogen Vehicles | PowerPedia:Hydrogen vehicle | PowerPedia:Hydrogen car