PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Donations to PES are needed and greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Page first featured January 25, 2009
Barter is not only a survival mechanism, but can actually be a preferred method of exchange. Think "Reciprocal Trade".
With the economy tanking as the good-ol-boy's club passes away, and as we anticipate a new society rising that will be far more enlightened, one of those elements in the new society will be a better monetary system.
- Bartering tips, Refreshing summer, Authentic brand - Cash is tight and prices are soaring and finding bartering for better deals is on the rise. (ABC; Aug. 9, 2008)
- Your Business Needs a Barter Trade Exchange Group If you are a business owner anywhere in the USA, join BarterWorks today, a full service barter trade exchange group to reap the benefits of trading services with other like-minded business owners. Barter trade exchange furniture, graphic and Web design services, limousines, restaurants, lodging and luxury hotels, vacation destinations and more! (YouTube; July 03, 2008)
- - - -
- The Barter Bank Your time is valuable. So is hers. Bank on it. (YouTube; June 19, 2007)
- - - -
- School House Rock - This For That I'll give you this for that That for this We'll make a trade called "barter" I'll give you this for that That for this We'll have it made with barter. (YouTube; January 18, 2008)
- - - -
Types of Services
- On Bartering Online - Also lists sources.
- Craigslist (trade option)
- SwapTree.com for books and DVDs
- U-Exchange.com for big-ticket items
- EcoFreek.com search
- TimeBanks.org for skilled time swapping
- Barter It Online
- Swap Treasures
- Bater Exchange Directory
- The Barter Company - TBC provides your company with a 1099B at the end of the year for all of the sales you have consummated with TBC.
- Global Trade Group' - Global Trade Group Ltd. is a "Brick & Mortar" as well as an online interactive Barter / Trade Clearing House serving business people, professionals, and individuals who trade their goods and services.
Interstate and International Barter
In the News
- Emergency Preparedness > Barter >
Online Bartering: Cell Phone to Porche (video) - After two years of online trading, starting with a cell phone, now at 17-years-old, Steven Ortiz owns his own Porche convertible. Helpful sites include Craigslist (trade option); SwapTree.com for books and DVDs; U-Exchange.com for big-ticket items. (CBS News; July 21, 2010)
- Everybody’s Buzzing About Bartering. - The barter system has been flourishing in this country for centuries, but it has seen an uplift in activity since about 1982. It's currently one of the fastest-growing economic segments. Last year, approximately $18 billion dollars in goods and services were bartered. (Shine; Aug. 1, 2008)
- International Monetary Systems Launches Revolutionary Online Barter Interface - International Monetary Systems, Ltd. (OTCBB: INLM), a worldwide leader in business-to-business barter services, today announced the launch of several newly developed online modules that provide unprecedented information and access to its North American barter network. (Reuters; May 21, 2008)
- Not Your Ancestors' Barter. - The exchange of goods and services remains mostly local matter, the Internet is taking corporate barter to new heights. (All Business; Jan. 1, 2001)
- Barter - Barter usually replaces money as the method of exchange in times of monetary crisis, when the currency is unstable and devalued by hyperinflation.
- Barter News - The Official Journal of the Reciprocal Trade Industry.
- IRS Bartering Income
- Google CraigsList Barter Search
See Discussion page
- "Insist on a web presence whether for a barter exchange or anyone claiming to rate or monitor them. In today’s world, no web presence means a lack of customer service. In a barter exchange, it also means a much more limited selection of available barter partners and reflects an exchange that is not making best use of available technology. In a nonprofit organization it signifies a lack of organization and commitment.
- Insist on a customer service phone number.
- Check for complaints with the company’s local Better Business Bureau.
- Look for companies that are members of the IRTA or NATE, where it makes sense to do so.
- Ask for references.
- Find a company by personal referral where possible." (The Pros and Cons in Barter)
- Directory:Financial Resources
- Directory:Free Energy and Economy
- Directory:Investment Resources
- Directory:Investment Opportunities
- Directory:US:What You Can Do Now to Go Green and Save Money
- Directory:Requests for Proposals -- Energy