PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Directory:Aldo Costa's Gravity Motor
Page first featured December 30, 2008
For years, Aldo Costa of Villiers-sur-Morin, France has been pursuing a means of harvesting power from static gravity in what physicists would say is "perpetual motion" and hence "impossible."
According to Costa:
- "The interaction of gravitons permits positively but inversely charged, masses to be in the right place at the right time thus relativizing the centre of gravity of the system, hence creating motion [that could be harvested for energy]. The quantity of preserved kinetic moment that results in a suitable space time can be according to the needs increased by quantum mechanics. So the gravitational interaction added to the three others (strong - weak electromagnetic interaction) opens the door to the unification of the laws of the universe. Perpetual Motion
One of his large prototype designs was featured in a 2003 one-hour documentary titled A Machine to Die For: The Quest for Free Energy apparently aired on Australia television. New Energy Congress member, Eric Krieg, is featured in the documentary as a skeptic who visited the site to inspect the 56-feet diameter model behind Costa's home.
The documentary gave the appearance that the wheel was turning quite well, continuously, on its own, and that Eric's dismissing it as possibly due to wind or solar effects was quite weak. However, Eric has informed us of the circumstances of the filming and of his review of the device and why he does not give the design any credence. See his comments below.
|This is a new page!|
How it Works
The machine operates on the shifting-weight overbalanced wheel principle, sometimes called an Arabian wheel.
Aldo Costa drew up plans for a giant unbalanced wheel. Working mainly by himself, he gradually hauled in more than 9.5 tons of steel parts to construct his model. Given an initial push, it can allegedly revolve for three hours -- aided by the wind.
Weights around the outside of the wheel are moved so the they're to the outside when going down and the inside going up. The idea is that one side of the wheel is always heavier than the other, creating a rotational force.
Quoting from site
Lorsque les deux masses en position verticale (et représentées par X en haut et Y en bas des deux demi-circonférences) se trouvent en superposition d'états, la réversibilité à ce moment précis est nulle certes, mais " sous-jacente " car dès que la roue est en mouvement le déport par rapport à la verticale passant par le barycentre de la roue, augmente progressivement pour arriver au maximum à la position horizontale et inversement en retournant à sa position de départ.
La loi de la gravitation universelle stipule que la matière attire la matière en raison inverse du carré de la distance, en ce qui concerne la machine, la réversibilité augmente comme le carré du déport, et étant donné que ce dernier est constamment en mouvement progressif de la position verticale à l'horizontale et inversement ensuite, cette insaisissable réversibilité ne peut être quantifiée avec précision, d'où la nécessité de rechercher une constante gravitationnelle.
Ce qui est réalisable en fabriquant d'abord une machine réversible permettant d'observer l'évolution de la nature, et qu'après l'avoir quantifié, de pouvoir passer d'une mécanique probabiliste à une mécanique déterministe, unifiant en quelque sorte le macroscopique et le microscopique, autrement dit les deux mécaniques classique et quantique, une fois cette unification réalisée (la constante gravitationnelle) tout devient prévisible.
Les deux demi-circonférences n'étant pas de même longueur, mais néanmoins parcourues par les masses gravitationnelles (montantes) et inertielles (descendantes) dans une seule unité de temps, la relativité générale d'échelles de grandeur est évidente, car les masses se déplacent à une vitesse relative par rapport au repère inertiel en l'occurrence l'axe central sur lequel la machine tourne.
Lorsque Newton présenta sa théorie de la gravitation et qu'il lui fut demandé d'où venait la gravitation, n'ayant pas d'explications à fournir, il se contenta de répondre qu'il ne faisait pas d'hypothèses et que ce serait aux générations scientifiques à venir de les découvrir.
Et c'est pourquoi la loi de l'inverse carré; pourtant admise, reste incomprise.
Il serait donc utile de la faire comprendre au plus grand nombre possible de personnes intéressées, par la démonstration de la mécanique des fluides.
L'effort à fournir étant toujours de 4 kg 480 comme dans le cas des masses, le demi-produit de 1 kg 120 qui se trouve dans la partie A du cube de gauche étant compris 4 fois dans les 4 kg 480 se trouvant dans la partie X du cube de droite, il faut diviser la hauteur de l'eau dans la partie A du cube de gauche par 4 et la contrôler avec la hauteur de l'eau là où elle devrait se trouver, c'est-à-dire la partie X inversée du cube de gauche.
Comme vous pouvez le constater, elle y est comprise 16 fois. C'est la constante gravitationnelle qui ne peut pas changer et qui correspond bien à la 2ème loi de l'inverse carré de Newton.
Ce qui permet de déterminer la géométrie de la machine réversible à savoir 360 degrés : 16 = 22,5 degrés et de la fabriquer en fonction de données précises.
Quoting from site
The wheel is equipped with space time tensors, each spaces time tensor is a lever that manipulates an impulse gravitation tensor, these two sorts of tensors are co - variables. There are two neutral points or stops to provoke the movement of each space time lever, one at the bottom of the wheel, the other at the top and at the centre.
Description of a mechanism reaching the stop at the bottom. Described vertically from above, there is a spring that pushes a mass of 2.240 Kg through its centre and slides it on a vertical axis
Below, the space time tensor divides the resistance that the mass and the spring provoke on the gravitation impulsion tensor by 10 because its length is 10 times greater.
The purpose of the space time lever arm is to raise the mass of 2.240 Kg towards the centre of the wheel by 0.034m and to compress the spring. The graviton is a small part that maintains the mass at this height to prevent any reversibility to the support and any rotation of the spaces time tensor. That part as well as the gravitation impulsion tensor must be in perfect balance on this same axis. The intermediate connecting rod between the mass and the gravitation impulse tensor must also be balanced on the rotating shaft fixed onto the mass, thus making its weight immovably attached to the latter and thus avoiding any contrary kinetic thrust depending on their position around the wheel. One can notice that the spring creates a virtual mass of 2.240 Kg that instead of becoming a brake inversely becomes a thrust, the masses being positively but inversely loaded. Let's note that the base of the gravitation impulse tensor on which the connecting rod is fixed is a heliocentric axis with an eccentric movement on something that turns round, in this case the wheel.
It is this process that allows the system to be reversible because, once at the top, this virtual mass disappears, since the space time tensor divides the resistance by 10, its value is only 0.448 Kg in the end.
So that the wheel can turn, the force that must be introduced into the machine must be sufficient to lift this 0.448 Kg : it is necessary to create sufficient inertia on one side of the wheel to exceed this resistance of 0.448 Kg, or, in other words, for the rotational torque to exceed couple resistance. The mass having a weight of 2.240 Kg, its half-mass is 1.120Kg, and it becomes a fourth of the opposing mass of 4,48 Kg . It is why we cannot calculate the kinetic power of in a classic way, but because of its reversibility.
2: 3.1416 = 0.636618283 x 2.24 = 1.426024953 x 0.034 = 0.048484848 : 4 = 0.012121212
Which represents the kinetic thrust of a mechanism. The constant being 0.636618283 / 4 or 0.15915457 which, multiplied by 2.240 Kg, and multiplied once again by 0.034 m does come out as 0.012121212
Therefore : 0.448 Kg : 0.012121212 = 36.96 mechanisms are required.
The reversibility increases as the square of the swerve, i.e. 4 x 4 = 16 which gives us on the big wheel an angle of 360 degrees / 16 i.e. 22,5 degrees.
The half-wheel therefore requires 360 degrees / 2 = 180 degrees divided by 22.5 degrees i.e. 8 times 36.96 mechanisms, which gives a total 36.96 x 8 = 295.68 mechanisms to distribute around the circumference of the big wheel the diameter of which depends on the length of the gravitation impulsion tensors which in turn determine the length of the space time tensors as well as the distance between them, and which pivot around their rotational axis by 22.5 degrees. The mass is therefore represented by 295.68 mechanisms / 2 = 147.8 divided by 4 does give a frequency of 36.96 mechanisms for a 0.448 Kg thrust, and not twice as much if we only divided by 2.
The characteristics of the two sorts of tensors that are co - variable can be changed, but the constant of 0.1595457 can never be altered, having verified the results provided by nature, and calculations show that this number never varies. As regards the masses, they are invariant.
A half rotation by hand is required to load the wheel. The stop at the bottom provoking the operation of the spaces time tensor and of the gravitation impulse tensor of each mechanism enables half of the wheel to have its masses held closer to centre of the wheel by 0.034 m.
There results an unbalance that can be increased by the multiplication of the mechanisms as required. When the space times tensors come to the stop at the top centre of the wheel, the gravitons free the masses that the springs immediately return to their starting position, reversibility thus gives a direction to the perpetual motion, which would not be possible if the machine was not reversible. It is necessary for the masses to be positively but inversely loaded at the beginning.
So that the wheel can produce, not just for itself, but also for requirements, it is necessary to double the number of mechanisms and the circumference of the wheel in order to preserve the length of the cord required between mechanisms so that only one at a time is to be loaded by the stop at the bottom. On the other hand, if one increases this length, there occurs an acceleration .Doubling is not a limit, only the resistance of the materials is to be taken into account, beyond that point, it is required to linearly increase the number of wheels.
The change of a 'negative' mass for a 'positive' mass doesn't produce kinetic energy, it just enables the preservation of the initial input. The power obtained from the doubling of the mechanisms and of the circumference of the wheel provides the thrust required by the wheel to turn. This additional kinetic moment that in this case is a 0.448 Kg thrust at the end of the radius must be multiplied by its length and recovered at the centre of the wheel.
It is a case of perpetual motion requiring no external energy, it operates in closed circuit, it is the first gravitational engine.
The relativity of the centre of gravity puts the wheel into a perpetual pursuit for an equilibrium that it cannot recover anymore.
The conservation of the space time tensors movements through the intermediate impulse gravitation tensors enables the displacement of the masses thereby provoking energy conservation under the shape of kinetic moments.
- The Quest for Free Energy part 1-6 - (YouTube; December 21, 2008)
See Video:A Machine to Die For: The Quest for Free Energy - contains the full documentary, in which coverage of Costa's technology is interspersed.
Development costs so far, range around $300K USD.
Eric Krieg - Perpetual Motion Challenge - was not convinced. See Discussion below.
- [http://nseo.com/aldocosta/inpi.htm French Patent 2745857; Oct. 19, 1995.
In the News
- Reinventing the Wheel - (Wired; Dec 12, 2004)
- Roll on the 20th (OverUnity.com)
See Discussion page
Skeptic, Eric Krieg's Observations
- "I was at the machine for 2 days, it doesn't work. I ironically spent a lot of effort trying to get it to turn at all for the camera - that and my best statements ended up on the cutting room floor. They didn't show a guy off camera out of breath trying to get it started - they didn't show how quick it slows down. Even with a wind, it wouldn't work by its self while I was there. It is a pathetic failure. I only spectulated that it may run if enough wind goes in the exact direction the wheel goes. People there said that Costo had been saying for decades, "my next set of changes on this will work". I saw evidence in his shop of what was obviously many totaly different attempts. He has a large following of people who believe that he can someday get it to work but no one who says it works now.
- The thousand year history of perpetual motion machines and over balanced wheels is pathetic and punctuated only by the standard free energy frauds involved unsubstantiated claims, followers in denial and claims of forgotten technology. I'm sure in 100 years from now, there will still be losers wasting their lives on overbalanced wheels.
- I'd be happy to be convinced by real proof of free energy - and my $10,000 prize is still good.
- - - -
- The producer of the film bent over backwards to try to find any real free energy out there. He admitted to me that his year of scouring the world brought him into contact with all manner of lunatics with pitiful junk to show. He was worried that there was too much technical talk for it to ever be aired on American TV since our audience is so stupid. I believe that his country aired it. For it to be shown, he had to act as if there was some kind of mystery even though he knows full well there is not. It was unethical for him to edit it to imply the wheel kept spinning when they had to film quick before the thing stopped on it's own. I had to make a dangerous climb to the top (while the inventor was sick) to make mechanical adjustments so it could spin at all with the camera guy straining to turn it. No one ever said the thing works - but the inventor still had this cult like following that shows up all the time there.
- - - -
- Ironically, I was in denial - when I saw the video the first time, I was bummed that they cut out the greatest scene where I with the wheel slowly turning behind me explained why you can't get ahead with gravity, how it as an approach has failed solid for 1000 years and hundreds of would be inventors - then I listed off all the friction kinds of things that would sap energy and right as I said "and that is why these things will never work" - the wheel squeaked to a stop.
- I thought for sure they would use that as a powerful closing scene. I had a feeling they failed to get it to sell and reedited it to imply there is an ongoing mystery. It was funny talking to the guys who were on sound and camera. They thought the whole film was just following a bunch of lunatics around. They did impressions of how nuts people like Newman, Carey and Hutchinson were. They described to me what they called "the 15 second lunatic test" where you can tell in 15 seconds of talking that someone is nuts. They were not trained in science and were unimpressed by the junk shown.
- But getting back to my own delusion. It was probably wishful thinking on my part which made me not fully "get" that many people watching the whole film would conclude it says there is something there. Yup, I was probably just happy to hear a few of my own skeptic quotes and missed that many people would see the film as proof I saw something working.
- I have recommended to Sterling that it is long since time to bury all hope in over balanced wheels - even OU, we should expect to see here and now proof before giving any credence to them.
- I give some hope to BLP which is near me - I sent them my yearly letter to the effect, "if you ever have a really good undeniable experiment, please allow me to come by and witness it".
- If any of this stuff really would turn out to work, I would gladly turn from leading skeptic to supporter - I would much rather be for something than against something. for now, I am for real science, real engineering, real tests and critical thinking.
5, chemin vert - 77580 VILLIERS sur MORIN
Tel: 01 64 63 82 41
- Directory:Gravity Motors
- PowerPedia:Perpetual motion
- Video:A Machine to Die For: The Quest for Free Energy