PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Don's Report of Acetone' Effect on Mileage and Performance in his 1991 Honda Civic Hatchback
moved from template page, where it was posted on July 12 2005
or the cost and work required, the modest power, fuel efficiency gain seems worth it. It has given me an avg of 28 miles more per tank, so nearly 1 gallon of gas for about 32 cents.
- make & model of car - 1991 Honda Civic Hatchback, 5spd manual
- ratio(s) of acetone used (oz / 10 gal) - .9oz/9 gal
- mileage before - consistent 195-300
- mileage after - tank 1=325 tank 2=340 tank 3 ongoing
- number of miles tested - thus far 665
- other observations (power, idle, exhaust) - it idles smoother, quiter, feels perkier, doesn't ping on the same spots it usually does, when I got it smogged the guy said it was running lean.
July 12 2005
I have a 1991 honda civic hatchback with 162000 miles on it. I purchased this car for 800 bucks and then put a timing belt, alternator, plugs, wires, fuel and air filter in it a year ago. It is due for a clutch soon. It has been wrecked and only serves to get me to school for two more years...(knock on steel!!!)
I drive 90% freeway from home, to school, to work, to school to home. I have been avg about 300/tank for nearly a year. I unfortunately acquired the car with 15" rims which contributes to that horrible number. I am trying to get back to the stock 13" to help with that by the end of the summer. I drive between 70 and 80 nearly every where. I have tried to keep it near 70 consistently while testing. I am on a tight schedule and always late so I am not a reserved driver.
My tank holds 9.18 gallons topped off.
I put in exactly 1oz acetone on the first tank and drove 325 miles, the 2nd tank I put in a little less (minutely) than 1 oz and drove 340. I am on the third tank now and will see how it goes. I have been putting in 2-3 gallons between tanks to help clean it out and get me thru the weekend.
I can feel and hear the difference drastically.
I have been testing this in my wifes 97 pontiac sunfire but she wrecked it 15 miles into the first tank. Just got back on the road today! :0
will post those and future updates later.
- email: unknown
- Acetone as Fuel Additive - directory
- Acetone Discussion List
- Fuel Efficiency directory index at PESWiki