PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Donations to PES are needed and greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Directory:$1 Million Prize for 25% Mileage-Boosting Hydroxy Generator
Page first featured October 25, 2008
In July of 2008, Bruce Simpson of Australia threw down the gauntlet to the world's "hydroxy booster" gurus. He doesn't believe the claims to anything above 25% improvement in mileage via an on-board electrolyzer that ducts the HHO mixture into the vehicles' air intake to effect a more efficient burn of the fuel.
If someone can prove such a system, he'll pay them $1 million dollars.
Here at PESWiki we list around fifty such systems being developed around the world.
As of October 24, 2008, there were only 5 pre-registrants for Simpson's prize, but nobody has paid the $5,000registration fee yet.
To win the money, all you have to do is fit an HHO system to a late model car (already in good condition and tune) so that a consistent 25% or greater improvement in fuel economy is obtained and maintained for six months, without causing any damage to the engine.
- The car will be tuned, checked and prepared by an authorized dealer for the make and model concerned and driven for a month in typical freeway and around-town conditions. The fuel consumption and distance covered will be used to calculate a base-line "real-world" mpg figure.
- It will also be submitted to an independent university for testing and establishing a base-line laboratory fuel-consumption figure.
- It will then be fitted with the HHO system and re-tested by the university.
- For a six month period, it will be driven on the highway and around town, with careful track kept of the distance covered and the gasoline used to fill its tank.
- At one month intervals it will be re-tested by the university to provide a spot-comparison with the baseline figures.
- At the end of six months, the total mileage and fuel consumed will be calculated to provide a "real world" fuel-efficiency figure.
- If either the lab figures or the real-world figures show a 25% or more improvement in fuel efficiency for the six month period after the fitting of the HHO system, the engine will be torn down and examined for any damage that could be produced by an excessively lean-burn.
- Any system that fails emissions tests as a result of the addition of the HHO system will be disqualified from the challenge.
- If it is given a clean bill of health, the $1 million will be paid.
- In the event of more than one challenger reaching or breaching the 25% improvement figure, the one who provides the greatest savings will be deemed the winner and receive the $1m.
- Those wishing to enter the challenge will have to pay a US $5,000 entry fee, which is obviously pocket-change compared to the $1m that is on offer and will cover the costs associated with running the challenge.
Fit an HHO system to a late model car (already in good condition and tune) so that a consistent 25% or greater improvement in fuel economy is obtained and maintained for six months, without causing any damage to the engine.
In the News
- Challenges / Fuel Efficiency Hydrogen Injection >
The One Million Dollar HHO Challenge - To win the money, all you have to do is fit an HHO system to a late model car (already in good condition and tune) so that a consistent 25% or greater improvement in fuel economy is obtained and maintained for six months, without causing any damage to the engine. Oh, and pay a $5K USD entrance fee. As of October 2008, no paid registrants. (Aardvark Daily; July, 2008)
See Discussion page
- The HHO Scam-busting homepage
- The proof HHO is a scam
- A reply to the HHO scammers
- Proof that hydrogen enrichment won't work
- What the scammers say about the $1 Million Challenge site
- The HHO Scam FAQ
- HHO Scams in the news
- Other fuel-saver scams
- Who is Ozzie Freedom?
- Stanley Meyer's Claims
- A journalist's guide to HHO (run your car on water)
- Directory:Fuel Efficiency - main index
- News:Fuel Efficiency
- Fuel Efficient Vehicles
- Directory:Energy from Roadways
FUEL TREATMENT TECHNOLOGIES
- Fuel Additives
- Directory:Alternative Fuels
- Directory:Fuel Pre-Heating for Mileage Improvement
- Hydrogen Injection
- Directory:Running Vehicles on Water
- Directory:Clean Fuel Conversions
- Directory:Spark Plugs
- Directory:Hypermiling -- Driving Tips for Better Mileage
- Directory:Boron Additive
- Directory:Electric Vehicles
- Template:Electric Vehicles footer - more EV listings
VEHICLE HARDWARE MODIFICATIONS
- Directory:Air Cars