PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and Facilitating the Best Exotic Free Energy Technologies
Blog: U-Plug Third Party Test March 26, 2016
- Shortcut url: http://tinyurl.com/U-Plug-Test
Compiled by Sterling D. Allan
Pure Energy Systems News
February 20, 2016
A blog to track the group third party testing of U-Plug's 2 kW magnet motor March 26 in the Litchfield, Illinois, USA area, arranged by PES Network, Inc.. The U-Plug 2kW magnet motor is a 24"x6" cylinder that weighs 20 pounds and is expected to cost just $2000. By March 26, the new circuit board should be ready, so we will be able to test both the new and the old design, or two of the new design.
Dawn Slavings contacted me today to say the proposed Pesn/Peswiki test was no longer going ahead on the 26th March. Instead they are going into a very extensive testing mode with a well recognized testing facility, and could be up to 90 days.
No doubt many will be dis-appointed by this, just as I was.
But thems the breaks unfortunately.
They are advising to keep watching their website and/or their Facebook page where they will be advising just when the product is released. Due to be released this month (by 30th March). Product will only be available through already arranged distributors (no sales will be through the manufacturers), and only for sale in the USA. International clients will only be able to purchase once international patents are in place.
It will initially be 120v 60Hz, but voltage and hertz are set during manufacture, so the product is already prepared for international sales, just a matter of changing the settings, once international release is available.
I apologize to all the people who were going to be involved in this by just announcing the cancellation this way. A bit blunt I know. Plus all those who have expressed an interest by emailing me. No doubt you were getting excited about the coming event, just as I was. And now its simply just not happening at all. It all feels a bit of a let down. Things have just gone a bit flat as a result. We thought we were going to have a show, and now it ain't happening any-more. But we will just have to get over it.
Its been difficult since Sterling's departure to get a wrap of just who was partaking. And emails have arrived in since (to me). I will try and reply to you all. Just bear in mind this is a difficult time we are going through. He had all the data at his fingertips, I don't, and even with the help of Sterlings Father, we are struggling to find stuff.
-- DJSTU 00:31, 1 March 2016 (UTC)
I am thinking that once people start getting the U-Plug in their hot little hands, and probably have rushed home to try it out, they may like to contact me with their feedback. Its only natural that everyone who hasn't got one is sitting here waiting on the edge of their chairs just dying to find out what this product is like. Tell us what your dealings were like with the distributor, what promises they made, what guarantees they make etc.
I would particularly like to know the sound levels the U-Plug makes. Is it as quiet as they claim for instance. ? Would it be noisy at night running in the next room ? Would you need it in a place like a garage ?
What load testing your doing ? Full load details and part load details.
Send me an email if you can think of other things you personally would like to ask of users.
You can email me at : firstname.lastname@example.org
U-PLUG Buyers : You will need to advise some details so as we can authenticate that your comments are genuine and you are not just making them up. You will need to advise the name of the distributor you bought it through. Plus the serial number that is on the unit.
-- DJSTU 01:12, 1 March 2016 (UTC)
We'd like to have a webcam of the event, and a livestream as well, if possible. This will require adequate bandwidth in a region of Illinois where that is sparse. We'd like to keep the webcam running for a few days after the test, to show the generator running continuously far beyond the 3x time of what batteries could have provided (14 kW-h).
- U-Plug-test - For coordinating the March 26, 2016 testing of the U-Plug magnet motor in the Litchfield, Illinois, USA area.
- To join, send an email to email@example.com then respond to the confirmation email.
We'd like a minimum of 3 people with PhDs in science. A maximum of 12 people.
Listed by last name
- Sterling D. Allan
- Van C. Bushue of Electronic Architechs Inc., lives about an hour drive away from Litchfield
- Steven E. Jones - said he could help with the preliminary arrangements, but will not be able to attend the March 26 event because of another commitment.
- Eric Krieg - remotely, via a local agent
2 kW Load
Ideally will be brought by someone in the testing group. U-Plug Products, LLC will have a load for us to use, just in case we can't source one independently.
Test duration: 3x8 (24) hours
In my test proposal, I suggested that we find out what the highest energy density is for known storage mechanisms, and run the test for three times that length, to clearly rule that out.
On Feb. 21, Eric Krieg wrote:
- You have a valid question about how much energy a secreted battery could [contain, which needs to be ruled out]. Check out
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_density The best batteries get around 2 mega joules a kg - or about 18 mega joules for 20 pounds or around 14 KWH's
That's 7 hours at the full 2 kW output, or 8 hours running at an average of 1.75 kW. So we should plan on a full 24 hour period, taking turns at watching.
Feb. 23, 2016: Preliminary visit
(Summary of quite a bit of back&forth email.)
In a week or two, a preliminary group plans to go see the tech running for a couple of hours, just to see that there is something to be tested, and to see the proposed location for the test. This will work around Steven E. Jones's schedule, as he already had plans to drive through that area on his way to/from Pennsylvania. Possible time frames: Feb. 29, March 1; or March 7, 8 (one of those days).
They would see the older unit running and plug a few things into it and see how it handles load changes. That could turbo charge the excitement about the test and help us get at least three PhDs to participate. One of the things I'm curious about is if you can audibly hear the device change rotation speed as increased load is plugged in, and then decrease when loads are removed. I'm also curious about how many decibels the unit puts out at its full 2 kW output. It would be good to video tape them doing this assessment.
-- SilverThunder 19:19, 22 February 2016 (UTC)
Feb. 22, 2016: Dawn sourcing a location
On 2016-02-22 12:49 am, U Plug wrote: [excerpt]
- Hi Sterling,
- [...] We need a length of time for testing, so we can check availability of facilities on that date. I heard back from the owner of the place we had in mind and he said he had to decline but it would have been perfect. There would be too many questions being asked if we did it, and the work of the business cannot be compromised. Right now all we can do is ask if they have an opening on the 26th for us and when they want to know for how long, we can't say. When they ask for the size of the party, I am going to say 12 to 25 tomorrow. If you find out otherwise let us know. There will be 3 or 4 of us. [...]
- I would like to see if we testers could use the Yahoo group to work out the plans for the whole thing and talk back and forth ideas but not have all the nuts out there in on it. Just an idea.
- On the yahoo group let me talk to the members and get a better feel for it. This is an idea, what if it were just for the ones who are doing the test and not for the public to join? There's always a way to make something agreeable to more people :) [...]
-- SilverThunder 17:26, 22 February 2016 (UTC)
Feb. 22, 2016: Local Scientist, Van C. Bushue volunteers
On 2016-02-22 6:53 am, Van wrote:
- I have been following your http://freeenergynews.com website for over eight years. I seen your call to have testing of the U-Plug motor/generator. I would be glad to help.
- I have a B.S. in Electronic Technology from Southern Illinois University. I have been in industrial electronics for 31 years. I also run a electronic systems installation company with a partner for 17 years. I have been doing my own free energy projects for 8 years.
- I am not very far from Litchfield, IL. I also have my own and have access to other test equipment. I would be willing to help in testing this device. Just let me know.
- Van C. Bushue
- Electronic Architechs Inc.
I called Van to speak with him, and he said he's only about an hour drive away from Litchfield, so he could help us also with some of the preliminary scoping of the proposed facility options or option.
He also said he knows several engineers that he could approach about helping with this.
-- SilverThunder 15:36, 22 February 2016 (UTC)
On 2016-02-22 8:56 am, Eric Krieg wrote:
- I'm a BSEE embedded firmware specialist in the Philly area. I've tried to be a voice of reason on over unity and free energy claims for years. I've long tried to offer free advice on proper instrumentation of reading input and output power and energy for testing such claims. There are a lot of different kinds of errors that have been historically made that often have unnecessarily gotten people's hopes up. I'm glad to hear you are local and willing to check out the U-plug claim. Would you be open to a telephone conversation later in the day to trade technical ideas on this subject?
- Eric Krieg
-- SilverThunder 15:55, 22 February 2016 (UTC)
Feb. 21, 2016: "Run it on webcam for a week"
There have been some suggestions in the comments that we run this on a webcam for a week.
- Jachin, your proposal is very reasonable. Sterling, just ask for a unit, connect it to a 2000 W space heater, leave it running for a week. Stream it. The entire cost of the test will be a cheap space heater.
- I totally agree that is a great way to go. Live stream a continuous test of powering a heater or another type of electrical device. Spread the word as the test is running and if it's still going after a few days the viewer numbers will explode and so will the opportunities!
The brainstorm idea that comes to me with this suggestion is that we plan to run a webcam during and after the testing, to keep it running 24/7 for at least a few days following the test, maybe even a week or more. That will require a pretty good Wifi connection that can handle that bandwidth.
-- SilverThunder 15:36, 22 February 2016 (UTC)
Feb. 21, 2016: Eric Krieg's terms
On 2016-02-21 3:26 pm, Eric Krieg wrote:
- Sterling, I'd be a lot more poor now if all these years I would have passed up a chance to earn real money developing real products to spend money to travel hearing such claims. I think we both know of plenty stories where people show up to hear "oh no, just broke - but stay to hear theory". I emailed them directly.
- [See Test duration: 3x8 (24) hours above.]
- I'd be glad to talk a local reporter through how to do the test with him skyping back live images to me - if that looks good, I'd be willing to fly out . Again, I don't want to feel like and idiot losing billable time for just another scam. I could calculate how much water would have to become how much hotter for a test of heat output. units of energy are the same if it is heat energy, electrical energy, mass lifting energy etc. Lets make the call for a proper test out in the open - then if they avoid it - that fact would be open for anyone to see. Also, naturally, we want the stuff doing this all on a raised clear plexiglass surface with as few hidden areas as possible. A video camera would go with a live stop watch in view to make it hard to hide a break in filming.
I wrote to Dawn: "It sounds like he's shying away from attending this at all, until he has someone else first verify it. My goal will be to have our test and report be so convincing that he will be convinced by our results and will not see the need to test it himself, but will give the $10k award based on that alone."
-- SilverThunder 00:54, 22 February 2016 (UTC)
- - - -
On 2016-02-22 5:47 am [MST], Eric Krieg wrote:
- Sterling, did I read you right below - do you (or is it them) really think I would just read someone else's test results and then send a check without doing tests in person myself? holy @#$! I just don't get why the probably hundred or more false claims would not sink in that proper independent validation needs to be done. [...]
- If they want to do some tests, have them send me proposed ways to do the tests. I am a specialist with instrumentation - I design electronic measuring instruments. I (as I have done for sincere people working on this kind of stuff) can describe how to do proper energy tests to help get at the truth. I can do this remotely for free. Honest people working on this kind of stuff appreciate the value of not embarrassing themselves. [...] To me, it's all about getting at the truth
-- SilverThunder 15:51, 22 February 2016 (UTC)
Feb. 21, 2016: eBay iffy
- The eBay auction is an "iffy" thing for us right now because we have not applied for a sales tax license yet. Long story short the state of IL has kind of split up into two different categories. We thought we were listed all the way around until year end came and we found out we weren't. I had to hand file a paper Reg-1 with the state which takes 6-8 weeks before we can get the sales tax certificate. I could not do it online because we had already been doing federal forms and other state documents so this other section already tagged us electronically. It's hard to explain. Once the state is done with processing the paperwork, a sales tax number would be done electronically.
--SilverThunder 00:54, 22 February 2016 (UTC)
Feb. 21, 2016: Dr. Jones is okay
I wrote the following to Dawn and Tim Slavings
Hi Dawn and Tim,
I got a call this morning informing me that you probably have a bias against Steven E. Jones because of some of the things being said about him online, such as from Dr. Judy Wood of "Where Did the Towers Go?"
I went to Steve's house in Spring City (before he moved to MO) to ask him about her allegations.
Where he was coming from in calling for a "vote" back in the cold fusion days was regarding calling it "Fusion." He thought a better term would be "anomalous heat". Even Fleishmann in his later days, before he died, wished they had not called it "Fusion." That's why the term LENR has come into vogue.
So Steve was way ahead of the curve on that one -- not acting like some disinfo agent, as alleged by Dr. Wood.
My parents are best friends with Steve and were part of an intentional community project with him.
I stand by Steve. I think he's for real, and would be a reliable asset for the proposed test. He won't be able to be there for the day of the test, but he could give his scientific assessment of the facility where the test is proposed to take place.
-- SilverThunder 15:44, 21 February 2016 (UTC)
Feb. 20, 2016: Prof. Steven E. Jones can help with preliminaries
On 2016-02-20 5:02 pm [MST], Steven Jones wrote:
- Hi, Sterling
- I live in Mo and will be traveling on I-72 through Springfield, Illinois in about 9 days from now, on my way to Pennsylvania. No exact day set yet for our travel.
- Litchfield is just 44 miles out of my way...
- I would be happy to do a preliminary visit to scope this out, if all agree. I looked at Tim's video about a week ago and was impressed - if it does what he says it does, truly amazing!'
- Lezlee and I are leaving on a mission, end of the month, so would need to do something before 26 March if I'm to be of service.
- Please let me know if I can help.
- Steven J
- - - -
On 2016-02-20 5:03 pm [MST], Steven Jones wrote:
- Of course, I would not charge a penny.
- - - -
On 2016-02-20 7:50 pm [MST], Steven Jones wrote:
- Hi, again -
- "Dawn told me she wouldn't mind if I put this dilemma before our audience to see if maybe there might be some good suggestions about entities that: 1) have a good reputation, 2) have the knowledge and ability to do a definitive test, 3) are not financially involved in the success of U-Plug, and 4) would not cower to pressure to not sign off on the results for political reasons."
- Well, I think I fit the need quite well -- certainly "would not cower to pressure to not sign off on the results for political reasons" and I fit the other criteria as well, having a PhD and over 50 scientific publications and over 21 years of university teaching. As well as being a Full Professor of Physics, Emeritus.
- We'll be going through Illinois, Springfied (44 miles from them) on March 7 or 8 and returning through there about March 17 or 18. If any of those dates work, I'd be very happy to help out. The 26th won't work because I need to be at the MTC in Provo on March 28th, and we're driving.
-- SilverThunder 06:06, 21 February 2016 (UTC)
Feb. 20, 2016: Water Treatment Technician Volunteers
On 2016-02-20 5:51 pm [MST], Tim Reese wrote:
- Hi Sterling, I read your proposal for U-Plug on PESN. My name is Tim Reese, I live in St George, Utah. I have talked to you several times on the phone about various projects, including the KPP Rosch testing.
- Anyway, I have followed your website and alternative energy for years. I love alternative energy, and it has been a hobby of mine for the last 15 years. I have a science degree (BS, physical science composite) from BYU, Provo, Utah. I have taught high school physics and chemistry, and now work as a technician in the water treatment industry for Washington county. I have a lot of experience in electrical and mechanical systems. Although I have a strong science and technical background I am also open minded to new ideas, and am a like minded individual.
- I would love to attend this testing event. I think it would be fun to be apart of something like this and be around people with the same interest. I am not in it for money or recognition, just want to be apart of something like this. So, let me know what I can do to assist. I can pay my own way, and possibly donate $500 to the cause.
- I also know BYU professors, and know they would be very interested in something like this, I would have no problems getting them to look at the generator. And I'm sure they would endorse it if they were able to test and validate it.
- Keep me updated, thanks.
- Feel free to call me anytime if you need something.
- Tim Reese
- St George, Utah.
-- SilverThunder 05:52, 21 February 2016 (UTC)
Feb. 20, 2016: U-Plug Seeking Good Third-Party Testing Entity
- Featured / Top 5: Magnet Motors > U-Plug > Blog: March 26 Test >
U-Plug Products LLC Seeking Good Third-Party Testing Entity - It's not easy to find a qualified testing agency that is also willing to sign off on something that appears to defy our existing understanding of the laws of physics. U-Plug has agreed to allow for a group of us scientists, including at least 3 PhDs to go test their unit and publish our report. (PESN; February 20, 2016)
Feb. 11, 2016: U-Plug preparing magnet motor roll-out in March
- Featured / Best: Magnet Motors >
U-Plug Power Products LLC preparing magnet motor roll-out in March - Illinois company is gearing up to manufacture a 2 kW (115 volts, 17.3 amps) magnet motor that is load-following, portable, 24”x6” tube, weighing 20 pounds, very quiet, with 3-year warranty but expected to last at least 20 years with zero maintenance. Third-party tested. MSRP $2000, beginning March, 2016, through distributors. (PESWiki; February 11, 2016)
- Blog:Index - free energy blog
- Blog: U-Plug Third Party Test March 26, 2016
- Free Energy News (PESWiki) - daily, from around the world
- http://PESN.com - Feature stories by PES Network, Inc.
- Latest - Leaves some of the lesser stories out
- This Week in Free Energy™ - weekly recap
NEWS BY TOPIC -->
Active: Best Exotic FE | Cold Fusion | Conspiracy | Earth's Magnetic Field (Energy) | Electromagnetic OU | Fuel Efficiency | Hydroxy / HHO | Keshe | Plasma | E-Cat | Spirituality | Water | Water as Fuel
Trickle: Alchemy | Alternative Fuels | Batteries | Electric Vehicles | Emergency Preparedness | Engines | Events | Fundraisers | Geothermal | Gravity Motors | Grid | Humor | Hydro | Hydrogen | Magnet Motors | Nanotech | Open Source | QMoGen | Quantum | Solar | Storage | Tesla | Thermal Electric | Top 100 | Waste to Energy | Wind | Zero Point Energy